China’s high speed bullet train service is expected to return back to normal this week, according to reports.
State media sources in China revealed that the flagship Beijing to Shanghai train service will be restored on Wednesday November 16th, with 53 CRH380BL trains back in operation.
The Chinese railway ministry said in a statement that the trains have been put back on the track because they have been fully tested and approved by experts and deemed safe and suitable for use.
All 53 trains have been given the go ahead for service in time for “Chunyun” – the massive migration that takes place before and after the Chinese New Year.
An official from the Chinese ministry of railways was quoted in the Xinhua News Agency as saying: “After a three-month process of modifications and repeated tests, previously reported problems with the CRH 380BL trains have all been fixed.
“Operations will gradually resume starting from Wednesday.”
It is thought that just six of the 54 trains that run from Beijing to Shanghai will recommence services on Wednesday, while the rest are scheduled to be up and running by December 6th.
The resumption of the service could provide a boost to the number of foreign tourists that embark on China holidays and facilitate easier transportation to China tourist attractions such as the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City, the National Grand Theatre and the Temple of Heaven, which is a Unesco World Heritage Site.
According to the World Travel Market 2011 Industry Report, almost half (46 per cent) of UK holidaymakers said they were interested in taking a trip to China, while a further eight per cent said they had already visited.